Topic: characteristics of multilingual children in terms of language teaching and learning.
Duration: 80-90 minutes
Target group: parents, teachers, trainers
Theoretical questions to be answered:
- How can I help my child or student to keep his/her mother tongue while learning other languages?
- Does multilingual competence develop automatically when I know several languages?
Practical questions to answer:
- What should I do if my child (pupil) uses words from different languages in a single sentence?
- What should I do if my child’s (pupil’s) conversational competence is much higher than his/her literacy competence?
- What should I do if I can only explain the homework in another language?